So with this being my first post I wanted to say a few things:
- I have never blogged before but I really want to share with the world that encouraging children to eat healthy foods and having them try just one bite can make all the difference. They might just like that healthy food and don’t even know it.
- I will be sharing the different healthy lunch options I prepare on a daily basis for children that come in to get lunch at a free summer lunch site. There is more about that in the about me section.
- I love my job and want to share my joy of it with others.
- Working with kids you realize that they say some pretty unexpected things at times whether it’s funny or unexpected, so with that I will also post a quote of the day with each post to make you smile or chuckle in your day.
- I’ll also include recipes of everything I make.
Memorable Quotes from Summer Lunch 2011
“Look everyone my tongue is pink from the beets!”
“I’ve never had oranges before but now I do, it tastes like I’m eating juice it’s so sweet.”
What are you’re favorite quotes you’ve heard kids say about healthy food?